San Diego Airport’s new Community Advisory Committee offers one model…
From the La Jolla Light newspaper:
The Airport Noise Authority initiated the Flight Procedures Study in January 2018, published a call for applications to serve on the Citizen Advisory (CAC) and Technical Advisory (TAC) Committees, appointed those committees and retained a private air noise consulting firm to make recommendations to the SDCRAA and ultimately to the FAA.
- 3 -La Jolla’ representatives on the 15-person CAC,
- representatives from Ocean Beach, Point Loma , Mission Beach and Lemon Grove.
- one FAA Air Traffic Control District Manager
- operations manager from the airport
- members of the Airport Authority
- representatives of Sky West, Alaska and Southwest Airlines
- a representative from private aviation
- long range planners for the City of San Diego
- an Airport Noise Authority Commission (ANAC) member
- two retired USAF pilots who also sit on the CAC